Battle Core Extreme
Product Overview - Technical Specs
Battle Core Extreme Technical Specifications
Highlighted components are the default system selections, to change the selections click here to customize your Battle Core Extreme
PROCESSOR (CPU) OPTIONS
PROCESSOR (CPU) COOLING OPTIONS
SYSTEM MEMORY (RAM) OPTIONS
POWER SUPPLY OPTIONS
MONITOR CONNECTION (VIDEO CARD) OPTIONS
SYSTEM CASE OPTIONS
SYSTEM COOLING OPTIONS
SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE OPTIONS (WINDOWS OS DRIVE)
ADDITIONAL HARD DRIVE(S) - BACKUP & STORAGE
No component is selected for this system, if you would like to add one of the options listed below customize this system
OPERATING SYSTEM OPTIONS
NETWORK (LAN) OPTIONS
SOFTWARE SECURITY OPTIONS
How many USB ports does this system have?
You won't need to worry about a lack of USB ports with a computer from Blue Aura. The total number of USB ports varies depending on the motherboard model and system case selected. Our Fractal Design 7 case has 5 front USB ports and the Define 7 compact model has 2 ports. The motherboards usually have 6 to 8 rear USB ports depending on the model selected. That brings us to around 8 to 13 total USB ports with a mix of USB 2.0, 3.0, 3.1 and USB-C. What's nice about having a front USB-C port is that it makes it easier to connect your smartphone or other USB-C devices to your PC.
What size hard drive is recommended for the primary OS boot drive?
In the last couple years a 1TB drive has become the standard size for a desktop trading computer. The 1TB Samsung 970 EVO has been our most popular drive with the majority of customers selecting this as their primary operating system drive. Recently though prices on the Samsung 980 Pro model have come down, they is very little price difference between the 970 EVO models and the 980 Pro now. For this reason, we suggest customers select one of the 980 Pro models, either the 1TB or 2TB sizes. Since the offer the fastest performance, we only use M.2 NVMe drives now for the primary SSD boot drive.
What are the M.2 SSD hard drives listed with this system?
M.2 SSD drives are a much faster hard drive than traditional SATA 3.0 SSD drives. They are smaller and plug into a special port on the motherboard, they are so small that they actually are mounted directly onto the motherboard itself. We offer 500GB, 1TB and 2TB version of the 970 EVO and 980 Pro drives from Samsung. All the motherobards we use in our computers have at least 2 M.2 NVMe drive slots on the motherboard, some of them have 3 slots. On the system configuration form we have available up to 3 hard drives that can be configured with any of our computers. The first drive is the boot (Windows Operating System) drive. The 2nd and 3rd drives can be added as additional drives that will show up in Windows as D: and E: drive letters and can be used for data storage and backup drives.
There are several case choices, which one should I select?
Any case with an open mesh front like Fractal Design's Meshify series cases will provide the best airflow because with an open mesh you have little to no resistance to air movement except if unchecked dust build up clogs the front intake. Completely open front mesh cases are more noisy though. In our internal testing, there is only a very slight difference between the Fractal Design Define 7 and the Meshify cases. Because the Define 7 is quieter, that's the case we recommend. The Define 7 has a closed front with side vents, and because those vents are very large and run down the entire case vertically on both sides the airflow is exceptionally good. To avoid confusion, be aware there are 2 Define case models - the standard sized Define 7 and the much smaller Define 7 compact. The Define 7 compact is very noticeably smaller than it's big brother and it doesn't include the fan controller.
ASUS Rog Strix Z690-E DDR5 Motherboard
This is a massive upgrade available on our DDR5 Intel computers. The computer motherboard is the heart of the system and the most important component. It's well worth the upgrade cost!
Advanced Power Technology: 18+1 power stages with 8+8 ProCool II power connectors, high-quality alloy chokes and durable capacitors to support multi-core processors.
Optimized Thermal Design: Integrated I/O cover and VRM heatsinks with high conductivity thermal pad, L-shaped heatpipe, an M.2 Combo-sink for PCIe® 5.0 M.2 slot and M.2 heatsinks for two M.2 slots.
High-performance Networking: On-board Intel® WiFi 6E (802.11ax) and Intel® 2.5 Gb Ethernet with ASUS LANGuard.
Note: The default motherboard selected for this system is the ASUS Prime Z690-P Motherboard (DDR5, WiFi 6). The ASUS ROG Strix motherboard is an upgrade that can be selected on the system configuration form.
Liquid or Air Cooling
Choose between the best liquid and air cooling solutions. There are pros and cons to both. Nocuta makes the absolute best air coolers on the market. Their fans are whisper quiet and their heatsink design is second to none. Which is quieter? Generally a good AIO liquid cooler is a bit quieter because the CPU is kept temps are kept at a more consistent temp and because of that the fans don't rev up and down as much. We don't feel you'll notice a large difference though, Notua is known for ultra silent fans.
- #1 company for air cooling. One of the top air coolers, the U12A can tame the hottest processors. Choose between Noctua's signature standard brown/tan coloring or Chromax Black - both colors have the same thermal performance.
- Seriously amazing cooling. Completely redesigned heatsink featuring 7 heatpipes and an increased fin surface area for superior heat dissipation.
- Professional grade NT-H1 thermal compound. Having a high quality thermal compound can mean a huge difference in cooling, particularly under heavy load.
- Anti vibration fan pads. Noctua fans are proven to be the most reliable and quietest fans in the computer industry. With the anti vibration pads this cooler is nearly dead silent!
- Award winning. More than 400 awards from leading hardware magazines and websites.
Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT
- Quiet Fans. Two 140mm Corsair ML series magnetic Levitation PWM fans deliver improved airflow for extreme CPU cooling performance. Zero RPM cooling profiles In Corsair iCUE software allow fans to stop entirely at low temperatures eliminating fan noise.
- LED lighting on the pump block. 16 individually addressable RGB LEDs light up the pump head to produce stunning customizable lighting effects to match your build.
- Corsair iCUE software. Allows you to control and synchronize your cooler’s RGB lighting with all iCUE compatible devices monitor CPU and coolant temperatures and adjust fan and pump speeds All from a single intuitive interface.